- 10 youth (40 total) are involved at each of four sites for six weeks each summer.
- There are four SWOP sites that serve youth from four area school districts: Chisholm, Eveleth/Gilbert, Mt. Iron/Buhl, and Virginia.
- Each community has a host site for this project. SWOP hires qualifited summer staff to supervise community work and provide life skills & mentoring.
- The project concentrates on character building, life skills development activities, and employment-related skills.
- 8:30a.m. – life skills hour (led by site director, site host, or local guest speaker)
- 9:30a.m. – break for snack & prepare for work day
- 9:45a.m. – leave for work
- 11:45 a.m. – finish work, clean-up and return to host site
- 12:00 – 12:30p.m. – journaling and group reflection on the day
Guest speaker mornings
- 8:30 – transition time (for prep, travel time and review)
- 9:00 – guest speaker
- 10:00 – snack time and leave for work
- 11:45 – finish work, clean-up and return to home site
- 12:00 – 12:30p.m. – journaling and group reflection for the day