Unfortunately, there will not be a summer program in 2022. We hope to be able to offer a summer program again in the future.
- Develop healthy connections with the community, responsible attitudes toward work, and respectful relationships with other youth & adults
- SWOP seeks to achieve this by combining values-based life skills sessions with adult mentoring, guest speakers, and community work experience
11 to 14 year olds are a vulnerable yet promising age group. They need caring role models and opportunities for service-oriented work to make for a successful transition into adulthood. Due to a variety of factors, many of today’s youth are not being equipped with:
- Life skills, values, respect for self & others
- Positive adult relationships
- Work ethic & money management
- Responsible community involvement
SWOP addresses both those specific needs and potential of these children.
- A total of 10 youth are involved at each site for six weeks each summer, plus a week vacation
- Each community has a host site for this project, SWOP hires approved summer staff to supervise community work and provide life skills & mentoring
- The project concentrates on character building, life skills development activities, and employment-related skills
- Foster respect
- Teach responsibility
- Build relationships
- Develop a positive work and money management ethic (Share, Save, Spend)
Equip, engage, and empower the youth of our communities. This program aims to equip youth with life skills, engage them in their communities, and empower them for the future.